Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Chicken Curry

This is such an easy recipe, and I think it tastes just like the curry dishes I've had at Thai restaurants. I usually substitute evaporated milk for coconut milk, since that is usually what I have on hand. I think it still tastes great that way. I've never added lemongrass, either. And I usually leave out the pineapple (David's preference). 


1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger 
1 -2 teaspoons red curry paste (I usually put 2 teaspoons in)
1 (14 oz.) can coconut milk (unsweetened)
1/3 cup water
1 teaspoon salt
1 stalk lemongrass, first outerlayer removed and cut in half
2 teaspoons fish sauce
1 teaspoon brown sugar
2 cups boneless chicken breast, cut into cubes
1 can pineapple chunks, drained
chopped green onion


Directions: 
Heat the oil in a large wok, add the garlic, saute. Add the curry, ginger, and the thicker cream on top of the can of coconut milk to the wok, whisk. Now add the rest of the coconut milk in along with everything else but the chicken and pineapple, whisk. Bring to a slow boil for 7 minutes, then discard the lemongrass. Add the chicken and pineapple and cook until the chicken is no longer pink inside, about 7 - 9 minutes. Serve over Jasmine rice and top with green onion.

No comments:

Post a Comment